Sunday, January 22, 2006

What's the point?

So you may be asking yourself what's the point of this blog, since we have a message board on the league Web site during the season and a a seperate site for other crap. Well, this may indeed prove to be superfluous, but I see some potential in it.

Unlike the Yahoo message boards, the blog format allows for more creativity in the form of image uploading, Web links, etc. More importantly, the blog automatically archives. I don't know about you, but I really hate when I make an insightful, thought-out post on the message board, only to have it disappear into nothingness after two months.

And unlike the league Web site (which, as Weiland notes below, is in the process of being upgraded), this format is more user-friendly to technology retards like myself.

The message boards will still be the preferred spot during the season for trade notices, trash talking and the like. But if you've got something thoughtful to say -- a statistical breakdown, or a trade critique, or a satirical witicism, or whatever -- this is the place for it.

I'd like to get all 10 managers on board here with posting capability. Y'all should have received an invite by e-mail. If not, drop me a line.

1 comment:

Adam said...

I sent you an invite via hdavidthoreau ... it should have instructions on how to join as a contributor. Weiland figured it out in a matter of minutes, so I would assume it's not that tough.