Sunday, October 05, 2008

Bill Simmons on Irrationality

Irrational Grudges (+4.5) over JULIUS JONES
When Matt Berry mentioned my "Fantasy Kryptonite" concept in his Week 5 column, I realized my Kryptonite is unquestionably Brandon Lloyd. He just keeps luring me back in. I think he could convince me to strip naked and let him take photos of me as I cried like Irene Cara in "Fame." I would do it for him. Brandon, you're my man. Anyway, I have a flip side to that one, the "Fantasy Grudge" guy, aka the guy you inexplicably dislike and continue to dismiss even when he's doing well. For me, it's Julius Jones. I found out two years ago that he smokes cigarettes and I just can't think rationally about him after that. He could rush for 200 yards a game and be sitting there on the waiver wire and I wouldn't go near him because I fear he'd pulled a Ricardo Mayorga on me. He might have quit smoking; I don't care. He's out.


-----
It's tough to not have an irrational grudge on most Cubs. Any other specific players?

No comments: